Procedure of Plant layout
A plant layout study is an engineering study used to analyze different physical configurations for a manufacturing plant. It is also known as Facilities Planning and Layout. Plant layout refers to the arrangement of physical facilities such as machines,equipment, tools, furniture etc. Plant layout is a mechanism which involves knowledge of the space requirements for the facilities and also involves their proper arrangement.
The Points to be consider while determining the Procedure of Plant layout.
- Determination of objectives: Procedure of Plant layout firstly manufacturing schedule should be studied for determining the procedure goals. This will help the activities as guidelines for future.
- Collection of Required Data: After the determination of objectives, decisions should be taken regarding machine and equipment, which are to be used in production according to the requirements of an industrial unit.
- Analysis and co–ordination of available Data: After collecting the data, it should be analyzed extensively according to the objectives so that co-ordinate may be made in various resources for the attainment of these objectives.
- Determination of layout planning: Appropriate method should be determined by studying various methods according to the need f an industrial unit.
- Design of Workshop and Building : For the accomplishment of work in the best possible manner, workshop should be arrange in such a manner, that facilities like machine, tools, safety of workers etc. may be sufficiently used while designing the building and the facts like office-stores manufacturing etc. should be kept in mind.
- Development of Techniques: Appropriate techniques like process chart, flow diagram and templates etc. should be developed.
- Cost Estimation and Arrangement for Finance: While planning, the estimate of expense to be made so that required finance can be arranged for the execution of planning.
- Development of Floor Plan : Land should be used for the hearing and noise making machine and there should be sufficient space between the machine so that they could be substituted .