Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities- The basic aim of sales manager is to promote sales and contribute to the profit sales a concern on one hand and satisfaction to consumers on the other. Profits through satisfaction are the key to the success. In the light of these, he is to perform certain duties.
The following are the most important duties and Responsibilities of a sales manager:
- Planning. Sales planning are one of the most important duties of sales management which seeks to achieve coordinated structure of operations of various programs in relation to sales he has to plan salesman tours, allocate sales territories and see that no clash of interests takes place in between different traveling salesmen. He must insist on ea0ch salesmen to fulfill his quota of sales.
- Organizing. He builds his own sales organization to achieve the sales objectives. He heads this organization and provides the leadership. He develops the individuals within this organization, and compensates them he such a way that they perform well.
- Coordination. He has to coordinate the work of different departments and see that no losses are suffered. He has to consult the different departmental heads take stock of things find out the reasons for delay and slackness of work and implement the suggestions made in the course of discussions.
- Sales for Management. He decided about the source of recruitment; and designs the selection process for sales personnel. He is responsible for directing the sales force. He is responsible for training and development. He makes training continuous. He provided for replacements and promotion.
- Ensuring growth and managing change. The sales manager is also called upon the create and maintain growth and to help the enterprise in the management of change in a dynamic and competitive Market.
- Checking and control. Sales being a key input in production planning and control he keeps in touch with the manufacturing department. He tries to budget the sales measures the performance against the budgeted figures and takes the corrective action
- Marketing Research. He has to organize and manage marketing research project marketing research provided sound solution to all marketing problems sales manager can take sound decision on the basis of up to date and reliable information provided by Marketing Research department
- Physical Distribution . he is responsible to look after all aspect of physical distribution , Particularly order processing packing transport and were housing.
- Financial duties. He has to give instructions as to the right method of maintaining the books accounts in his office the various periodic statements that have to prepared he must have before him statements showing daily sales ,daily cost collections
- Legal duties. Legal he has to study the Sales tax and packing rules as well as the latest amendments in the law and rules as applicable to his department and sea that no legal technicalities and provisions are violated.